If you’re anything like me, you don’t want bugs messing with your increased time spent outside walking, jogging, hiking, biking, etc….which means bug spray 🙁
If you want an alternative to harmful chemical bug sprays you are in luck. Here is a natural, homemade spray that actually works. If you don’t want to make the spray below, another alternative is dabbing vanilla extract on your pulse points (e.g. wrists, neck).
DIY Bug Spray:
- 1/2 cup – witch hazel
- 1/2 cup – apple cider vinegar
- 40 drops essential oils (e.g. eucalyptus, tea tree, rosemary, catnip, or cedarwood atlantica – you can make a combo, experiment to see what you like)
- One 8 ounce glass spray bottle
- Mix witch hazel, apple cider vinegar and essential oils in 8 ounce glass spray bottle.
- Spray over all portions of the body but avoid repellent in eyes and mouth.
Please be sure to use a glass spray bottle or PET plastic because essential oils can leach chemicals from some plastics.