Who’s up for a light (but super tasty) and quick (plus gluten/dairy free), side dish that’s protein packed and perfect to serve with your grilled meals (or ANYTHING – OK, enough use of parentheses)?
Try this week’s awesome Recipe of the Week, we love it!
- 16 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and seeded and diced (optional, I don’t peel and keep seeds intact)
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano (I have used regular with success)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Try adding some fresh chopped parsley or halved cherry tomatoes to mix it up.