Bananas are ridiculously good to have as part of your health and fitness diet. Did you know bananas:
- Boost performance when consumed before, during and after workouts
- Have ~30g of quality carbohydrates to fuel workouts and support all muscle activity
- Contain 450+ mg of potassium (it is an electrolyte) which helps prevent muscle cramps
- Contain (1 banana) ~15% of the daily Vitamin C intake
The banana has many other benefits to our body and mind, so it’s a strong recommend.
They also mix easily into shakes!
Banana Nut Shake
- 2 cups (milk or almond milk)
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 handful of walnut pieces
- 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice
Put everything in your blender with some ice, how much is up to your taste, and blend till smooth. This smoothie lends itself to many additions like collagen powder, peanut butter or try sprinkling some grated nutmeg on top, Enjoy!